The Ultimate Sex Travel Guide to Phnom Penh
(Rocco’s Note – The content below is an introduction and just a small taste of Phnom Penh Guide that I offer in the shop. If you are interested in learning more about how to experience the ultimate adult holiday in Phnom Penh in much greater depth, then please consider to get a copy of Phnom Penh Guide. I will hold your hand through the entire process.)
Phnom Penh is a fascinating city where you will be taken back in time. Surprisingly, the nightlife is good fun (very little compare to Pattaya), offering a wide selection of Sexy girls and a variety of places from which to choose – dance clubs, sports bars, neighborhood pubs, karaoke, upscale clubs and more.
In my last visit, i had a great time and got the opportunity to visit local places in the company of a Khmer girl in my three day stay.
Read my adventure; Phnom Penh Tour.
When to go to Phnom Penh?
Cambodia is blessed with one of Asia’s simpler weather systems and despite having two distinct weather seasons you can travel to Phnom Penh all-year-round. In general, the entire country is subject to the same weather patterns, mainly due to the relatively uniform altitude and latitude throughout Cambodia.
There are two distinct seasons dry (October to late April) and wet (May to late September). Within each season there are variations in temperature, with the final few dry months leading up to the wet season (March and April) and the early months of the wet season (May and June) usually being the hottest of the year with temperatures in excess of 35°C at times.
What About Sex in Phnom Penh?
Bars and clubs are scattered across the town but as the city is fairly compact it’s never more than a five or ten minute ride between places, usually less. And there are several little clusters of bars and nightspots around town allowing you to hop easily from one to the next.
There are numerous businesses in the city center that ever-obliging tuk-tuk drivers will be happy to take you to. These are more tailored to Asian customers that prefer Vietnamese women, who dominate Phnom Penh’s regulated sex scene.
As in Thailand, in some parts of town you may see Khmer girls from the countryside, waiting for large white men with fat wallets.
Sex: There is no centralized red light district in Phnom Penh, but the area around Street 130, Street 136 and Street 51 is where the majority of bar girls can be found, at any time of the day or night. Most of the ‘bars’ are little more than brothels with beer, although some run a clean, friendly operation.
All of the girls that work there are available to takeaway, at around US$15-25 for a ‘short time’ or up to US$50 for the whole night, depending on your bargaining skills. A bar fine(10$) will also need to be paid to take merchandise off the premise, although make sure your hotel accommodates such visitors to avoid a scene on your return.
- Accommodation: Most guesthouses have dorm room for between US$2-4 per night. Private rooms range from US$6-10 per night. You can get comfortable hotels for US$15 – 25 with air con, TV and other amenities. After that, the sky is the limit but I’ve never needed to spend more than US$20 per night for luxury in this country. Most of the accommodations are girl friendly. Hotel info
- Food: is very cheap in Cambodia. Street food will cost you about US$1-2 per meal and restaurant food will cost between US$3-5 per meal. The street food unfortunately isn’t as good as Thailand and Vietnam. Western meals at nice restaurants cost more, from US$5-10 and upwards. You can get some really world class food in Phnom Penh these days and dishes start at around US$8-10. Fruit on the street will cost less than US$1.
- Transportation: Local transportation is cheap, costing only a few dollars. Within the city, rate go from US$1-3, in average i paid US$1.5. You can get anywhere in the country for under US$10. Renting a driver for the day will cost you between US$15-20.
Tips & Tricks
- Pay in the local currency. Usually, everything is priced in dollars but a dollar here and a dollar there really adds up. Paying in the local currency can save you more money since everything is not just “one dollar.”
- Yam Yam means BJ in Khmer language and remember to ask the girls in advance if they are willing to perform it. Many will refuse and others in the beginning will accept but later in the room they will not do it.
- Girls have to turn off their mobile phones once in the room and be instructed to leave them turned off; they are the major source of disruption.
- Runners (girls leaving early) have to be punished financially, otherwise you kind of confirm you’re stupid and she can just do everything she wants without any consequence.
- Valuables in the safe. When you leave the room and while you are showering. Hear many times of girls stealing money and cameras.
- Lady drinks. Cut down on them, they are useless to the purpose of good fun and sex.
- When riding in a tuk-tuk keep your bag and camera towards the middle of the tuk-tuk to protect against bag snatching.
DATE PHNOM PENH WOMEN
If you are looking for more than just a pop or bang, wish to meet a Cambodian girl to spend your holiday together and why not, fall in love, I have the right and easy solution for you to date a local woman.
Khmer girls love the idea to meet a foreign man, we look exotic as much they look exotic to us. We have white skin, are tall and look handsome to their eyes (much better than the typical Khmer man that has dark skin and short body).
There are hundreds of university and office girls that would love to spend time with you to improve their English language skills. This can be mutual beneficial, and more interesting than bang just bar girls and hookers.
How to Meet Local Women in Cambodia
When it comes to meeting Cambodian women you basically have three options.
- Walk around the capital looking for cute girls working in restaurants, shops, malls and so on. It is a bit like to flirt with women back to our western countries but much easier. Just smile, give a compliment and carry on the conversation till the right time to ask for a go out together. This approach work 30% of the time, thus every three girls, one will accept your offer. I have personally tested over an over again.
- Visit discos and nightclubs. There are few type of girls in these clubs; educated girls, freelancers and curious girls.
– The educated girls will be found mostly in Hi So local nightclubs, witch are packed with office and local women, and just a small percentage of hookers mixed with the crowed. If you are young, dress smart and know how to flirt with Cambodian women (you need to have a basic of Cambodian language), this place might work out well for you.
– Freelancers are girls looking for money but they can’t bother to work in beer venues and Ago-go bars. You will find many in the clubs frequented by foreigner and tourist.
They will pretend to have a daily job, or study and tell you they are there just to have fun with friends, but it is a lie. You will recognize them by the way they dress (extremely sexy) and make up, plus they can speak proper English. They are great companion if you are planning a sex holiday around Cambodia and you need a tour guide with you.
– The “curious girls” are usually young and they can speak little English, they work or study and they want to meet with western men to learn more about our world.
These girls are rare to be found but they are the perfect girlfriend experience with real feelings and dedication to you if you can hook up with one. I have met few on dating websites and usually they write on the profile things like “I am looking to meet men for friendship that are polite and kind”.
- Online Dating Sites in Cambodia. With the rise of smart phone devises and internet, many Cambodian girls have took this new approach to meet Western men. It is convenient and easy enough, plus they avoid to face a stranger face to face for the first time.
Meeting Cambodian women on dating sites is the most convenient way because she will not feel shy to speak to you, both of you can take sometime to know each other and at the same time build excitement for your first date.Khmer women love the idea of meeting first time foreigners in Cambodia (you are not a sex tourist in their mind). They get excited and if you ask them, they will meet you up even at the airport.
Great start for a holiday! Learn How to Date Asian Women Online
– Asian Dating – It is the biggest dating site in Cambodia with thousand of subscribers.
You can find girls online to chat 24/7, and not only from Cambodia but across the region.
By signing up with Asian Dating you will access to all Asian countries. Excellent option if you’re traveling around the region – simply click the country bar on the home page and choose your next Asian destination to meet girls.
I have used Asian Dating for seven years already and is still my favorite. I have date and met so many girls thanks to this site. It is easy and a convenient tool to meet girls.
– Connecting Singles – Not as many women as in Asian Dating website but definitely enough to get you started. I have found some good girl here, however always watch out from women ask you for money. Good girls don’t do that.
This website is totally free and aim to connect singles around the world. The application is a bit long and not always you will be able to find your perfect match.
I have manage to meet few girls from this website, and not only from Cambodia but Vietnam and Malaysia too. Most of women here, are looking for a serious relationship, thus if you are looking for a night stand, better you subscribe to Asian Dating.
TIPS: Before you subscribe, I want to give you you three facts when when dating Cambodian women online which will help you in the future.
1. First, the good news. Women from the Cambodia really love foreign men. We are as exotic to them as they are to us.
2. Dating much older men is not a problem to most of the women. Thus, don’t worry about your age, it will not matter in Cambodia. In fact, it is an advantage because older men are perceived as more stable than younger boys.
3. Most men on online dating sites are perverts. Thus, you can make the difference and be on the top 10% just by posting three “clean” photos of you (make sure to be shaved and dress properly) and talk politely to the women.
Bars Catch 22 Bar Cozy Street 136 hostess bar in the second block off the riverfront. Lots of very friendly hostesses, affordable drinks, cold draft, full bar with cocktails and shots. Pool table upstairs. Busy into the night. 45Eo, Street 136, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 4:30PM – Late **Happy Hour: 4:30PM-8PM Tel: 012-663206
Island Bar Bar Well-known, popular hostess bar just off the riverfront. Lots of friendly hostesses, speaking Khmer, some English and a couple of other languages depending on who you meet. Comfy sofas and fully air-conditioned, pool table on the mezzanine level and more than a couple of good players in-house to keep you entertained. #32, Street 118, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 4:00PM – 4:00AM **Happy Hour 4PM-7PM Tel: 017-761530
Sharky Bar Restaurant/Pub Phnom Penh’s oldest and one of the most popular bar/restaurants in city, serving up the largest selection of Tex-Mex in Southeast Asia. And also offering and extensive Thai and western menu including steaks. burgers, Tom Yam, Thai curries, Phad Thai and more.
This happening nightspot is equipped 4 pool tables and a massive screen TV for sporting events. Often hosting live music – rock&roll, R&B – especially on the weekends. Big beer selection, draft, all the spirits, cocktails, and a selection of wines. #126, Street 130 (500 meters east of Central Market), Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 6:00PM – late **Happy Hour 7:00AM – 7:00PM Tel: 012-228045
Martini Pub Pub This is the famous Martini’s. A legend since the days of UNTAC. Their ad reads, ”Bored, lonely, hungry. We have everything you need!” and that just about sums it up. Lots and lots of bar girls. Generous drinks. Dancing inside the disco, open air restaurant with giant screen TV outdoors. #45, Street 95, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 7:00PM – 3:00AM Website: www.martini-cambodia.com
Matilda Bar Hostess Bar All new look at Matilda! Music, neon tables and laser light show, bubbly ambiance. Bar, table and comfy sofa seating at the back. Outdoor seating too. Full bar, cocktails, draft, good selection of spirits. Free bbq every Friday from 7PM. Daily drink specials. #13E, Street 104, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 5:00PM – 8:00PM **Happy Hour 5PM – 8PM Tel: 088-9569885 Website: www.facebook.com/matildabar
69 Bar Happening little hostess bar nestled amongst a cluster of bars and pubs along Street 136 just off the riverfront. The priorities are girls, music, dancing, drink and girls, in that order. Lots of dancing. A lively place. If a hopping hostess bar are what you’re looking for, 69 Bar is for you. #15, Street 136, just off the riverfront (map – riverfront area), Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 6:00PM – 6:00AM Tel: 083-355555 (Daytime) 013-413413 (Night Time) E-mail: [email protected]
Mr. Butterfly Bar A corner Street 136 hostess bar a block off the riverfront, cater-corner to Candy Bar. Full bar, lots of hostesses, sports on the TV and a large food menu, western and Cambodian dishes, Belgian dishes, pizzas and pastas, burgers, more. # 31, Street 136, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 11:00AM – 6:00AM Tel: 083-355555 (Daytime) 013-513513 (Night Time) Facebook: butterflybarphnompenh
Disco & Nightclub
D.R Bar Night Club/Discotheque Dance club, open into the very late evening. DJs every night playing hip-hop, rap, funk, trance, house and R&B. Attracting a young local crowd as well as tourists and expatriate. Full bar with beer, spirits and cocktails.. #40, Street 214, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 7:30PM – 4:00AM Tel: 011-337327
Heart of Darkness Bar/Club One of the most well-known bars in Cambodia, drawing a mix of tourists, locals and expats. Very stylish place, sporting a Khmer-baroque flare that’s now common in Phnom Penh but had its genesis here at the Heart.
Feeling much more the club than a bar these days, there’s music, dancing, cocktails, beer, pool table, continuing till near dawn. Busiest after midnight. Packed sardine-tight on Friday and Saturday evenings. #26, Street 51, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 7:00PM – Very Late
INFO: The story of this once wonderful place is one of sad decline, mingled with greed and violence. In the ’90s, the Heart of Darkness (at 213 Sisowath Quay) was often described by visiting travel writers (including this one) as the best bar in the world.
It was a hole-in-the-wall haven from a city that was then a dark and often risky place at nighttime. The music was brilliant, and the mixture of journalists, NGO workers, diplomats, and mercenaries made for interesting conversation. It was a dark and funky dive with real atmosphere.
Then it started to change. It got bigger. Then it got even bigger again. Then they put in a dance floor and the place filled up with prostitutes. By 2001, the old Heart had ceased to exist and a monster was born. It became a place where fights and violence became the norm as privileged sons of the ruling elite arrived with their armed minders. Gunfire became frequent, and someone got murdered. The bar got security, but the security searched everyone except these scions of the elite, since moonlighting soldiers are loath to offend their commanding officers. Today, the reputation of the old Heart feeds this beast and on weekends it is packed.
MUST TO DO
Sway Pak & Tuol Kork
Visit the notorious and infamous suburbs of Svay Pak and Tuol Kork, where you can find hundreds of cheap prostitutes for 3 dollars for 15 minute.
K11 is a street with dodgy little neon lit shanty brothels all the way down it. It is not for the foreign market, it is generally for the locals, but a dollar is a dollar and sex tourists are welcome here if they so desire.
Visit Angkor Wat
The most visited temple in South East Asia and heritage of UNESCO. I highly advise to contact Angkor Wat Services; professional travel operator for exciting and informative tours in Cambodia.
- How to get to Sihanoukville
- Sex Trip report: A journey around Cambodia
- Sex Trip report: Cambodia: The Wild West Of Asia
- Sihanoukville-Cambodia: Cheapest Asian Sex Destination
- Phnom Penh’s sex trip report: Platonic Sex Tourist
- Phnom Penh Tour: A day with Khmer girls and palaces
- The Journey from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh Hotel & Accommodations for mongers